Flood UPDATE #24 Evacuated Lifted at 11:45 am January 1st, 2016
The City of Valley Park will be lifting the evacuation and allowing residents and businesses back into the levee-protected area at 11:45 a.m. today.
To re-enter, please proceed to one of two checkpoints set up at the following locations:
- Marshall and Highway 141; and
- Forest and Didian (at the train tressel)
We request that all entering the formerly evacuated area adhere to the informational handout that will be provided to each person entering:
- Please proceed to your residence/business in an orderly fashion.
- The Levee is still off-limits to everyone. Please stay off the levee. Violators will received a summons/ticket for trespassing.
- Please try to keep your vehicles off the main streets because large emergency equipment is still being transported in and out of the city.
- If you find that your basement has standing water, please contact Building Commissioner Jeff Schaub at 314-565-4084 who will coordinate with St. Louis County to assess what inspections or actions are needed.
- If your gas has been turned off, please contact Gil Denormandie at 314-985-4649 who will coordinate with Laclede Gas to get your gas turned back on. Trucks will be stationed at City Hall for quick response. If you shut down your electric via your main breaker, be cautious of any apparent water around your electric boxes and panels. If you have any concerns, please contact Ameren at 314-342-1000.
- Be aware of solicitors who will be targeting our area to take advantage of the situation. Solicitors are supposed to have a permit issued by the City. If they do not have a permit, they should not be contacting you. Please report unlawful solicitors by calling City Hall at 636-225-5171 Ext. 1 or 8.
- There is no water boil order in effect for our City. American has told us there might be low pressure, but it does not affect the quality or safety of the water supplied to Valley Park.
- Future trash pick-up is being coordinated and a schedule will be posted as soon as possible. We will provide notices via valleyparkmo.org and social media with regard bulk trash pick-up for any larger items damaged by this event.
Thank You, Mike Pennise