To construct, protect, and maintain, within the authority provided by the City Code of Ordinances, the physical structures and facilities that have been determined necessary for public purposes and to provide services to the public to facilitate the achievement of common social, economic, and environmental desires.
- To face each task with pride in being an essential member of an organization dedicated to service;
- To constantly seek ways to improve the level and quality of service;
- To continuously strive for self-improvement through training opportunities and communication with others;
- To view each encounter with the public as an opportunity to demonstrate the purpose of the department in a positive manner.
Core Values & Operating Principles
- Customer Service: We measure the quality of our services by the satisfaction of those we serve.
- Excellence: We aim to excel in all that we do and continually strive to do better.
- Teamwork: We build organizational strength through cooperation and collaboration with others.
- Integrity: We dedicate ourselves to the highest levels of ethical and professional conduct in serving our customers and working with others.
- Accountability: We are personally responsible and accountable for "doing what we were hired to do".
- Selflessness: We do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Diversity: We respect and value the differences of others and realize that taking diversity into consideration leads to cohesiveness and unity.
- Innovation: We accept change as an opportunity to find better ways to accomplish our mission.
- Adaptability: We are open and flexible to changing priorities, strategies, procedures and methods.
- Commitment: We are dedicated to the delivery of high-quality and responsive services.